Expert Treatment for All Ages
At Las Vegas Braces, we believe that age is just a number when it comes to achieving your dream smile. We’re dedicated to crafting personalized orthodontic treatment plans that cater to your unique needs and smile aspirations. Let’s start your smile transformation journey together.
Orthodontics for Kids
While there is no exact age for children to begin orthodontic treatment, the American Association of Orthodontists recommends visiting the orthodontist around age seven. By this age, most children have a mix of baby teeth and adult teeth, making it easier for the orthodontist to diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems sooner and without surgery
While it isn’t right for all patients, early orthodontic treatment comes with a range of advantages. Treating early allows us to shape the development of the teeth and mouth, letting us make significant alterations to tooth alignment that would be much more difficult in later years. In fact, because of the upper jaw has yet to solidify into a single bone during childhood, we can use a device called a palatal expander to gently widen the upper jaw and make more room for teeth – a process that would require extensive oral surgery in later adolescence or adulthood. Here are just a few of the benefits of interceptive orthodontic treatment:
- Makes more room for crowded teeth without surgery
- Prevents the need for tooth extraction
- Improves facial symmetry by influencing jaw growth
- Protects protruding front teeth from trauma
- Reduces the overall amount of time a child will spend in braces
- Trouble breaking a thumb-sucking habit
- Speech impediment
- Jaws come together in an abnormal way when they bite
- Teeth do not come together or do so in an irregular manner
- Breathing issues
- Teeth protrude from the upper or lower jaw
- Problems with chewing and biting
- Early or late loss of baby teeth (they should start losing teeth at age 5 and have their adult teeth by age 13)
Please contact our practice to schedule an appointment for an orthodontic evaluation. Early treatment now will give your child a healthy, beautiful smile for the future.
No. If you think your child needs braces, you do not need a referral from your dentist. Just make an appointment with Las Vegas Braces any time to discuss your child’s orthodontic needs and set up a treatment plan. This doesn’t mean your dentist isn’t an important part of your child’s care. It’s important to continue regular visits to the dentist throughout orthodontic care.
Our practice offers a variety of braces, types, and styles to choose from. Some common options include:
- Traditional metal braces
- Self-Ligating metal braces
- Clear braces
- Invisalign® Teen
Orthodontic braces are a big part of life for many people your age. While braces may have had a bad reputation in the past, today’s braces make it easy to look good and feel good!
The amount of time it takes to treat your smile with braces depends on two key factors:
- What needs correction— The amount of treatment needed to correct a problem will determine how long the process takes. Different patients react to treatments differently. While it may take one patient only 12 months to complete treatment, it may take another patient 24 months. Treatment times can vary depending on how quickly your body responds and how much work is needed to give you the show-stopping smile you expect.
- YOU! — Your willingness to use the appliances your orthodontist gives you plays a major role in the length of time it takes to complete your treatment. Always remember to take care of your braces and appliances; this truly will help make your treatment shorter!
Adolescence is the perfect time to begin receiving treatment for the following reasons:
- Improved Facial Appearance & Oral Health – As your teen progresses through orthodontic treatment, you’ll notice positive changes to their appearance and smile. Also, straighter teeth and a healthier smile are much easier to maintain, making trips to the dentist a breeze.
- Positive Social Experience – Most of your teen’s classmates and friends will also have braces, making it that much easier to get your child to come to every appointment. They’ll be excited to wear braces with their friends, and go through the experience with their peers!
- Saves Time & Money – The longer you wait to solve orthodontic issues, the worse they can become. Choosing to align treatment with your child’s natural growth and development will save you time, money, and minimize overall treatment time.
Treatments for Teens
At Las Vegas Braces, we understand the significance of having a smile that radiates confidence during your teenage years. Witness the transformation of your self-assured smile with each visit to our office. Are you eager to kickstart your journey to a new, confident you? We’re here to make the process as stress-free as possible. Rest assured, there are multiple orthodontic treatment options perfectly suited for teenagers like you. Let’s work together to achieve that perfect, proud smile!
Treatment for Adults
Orthodontic treatment isn’t just for teens. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists cites that 1 in 5 orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. While some adults are getting treatment to look better, others are doing it for their overall oral health. Today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs, such as clear braces, lingual braces, and clear aligners. Remember, a straight smile isn’t just beautiful; it will help you maintain the health of your teeth for your entire life.
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
Types of braces include:
- Clear braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Traditional metal braces
The main difference to remember when treating adults or children and teens, is that in younger patients the jawbones are still developing. For adults, these bones have stopped growing, which may mean the possibility of orthognathic surgery to align the jawbones.
Other differences include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease)
- Worn or missing teeth
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen
Our practice recognizes that adults and children have different needs, and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure that you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it’s needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics please contact our practice to schedule a free consultation. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.
Metal and Clear Braces
Metal and clear (or ceramic) braces are equally effective. Each case is unique, so treatment methods and appliances can vary depending on your specific needs but here is some general guidance for braces.
- Basic Cases: 12-18 months
- Moderate Movement: 18-24 months
- Complex Cases: 24-30 months
Style: Braces these days can be as inconspicuous as you want. Clear braces are nearly invisible, or you can show your style and accessorize with a wide variety of color bands!
Our commitment to using cutting-edge technology in our office lets us provide clear aligners like Invisalign with a better fit than ever before, providing a more comfortable and lower-profile treatment.
- Basic Cases: 6-12 months
- Moderate Movement: 12-18 months
- Complex Cases: 18-24 months
Style: A removable, virtually invisible solution for metal-free orthodontic treatment.
How It Works
1. Getting to Know You
Your initial visit to Las Vegas Braces is the first step toward your ideal smile. We understand that choosing orthodontic care is significant. During your first visit, our orthodontists use diagnostic records, including photos and X-rays, to create a customized treatment plan. These records also track your progress as your teeth shift, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of your needs and goals.
2. Custom Treatment Plan
We’ve invested in the latest orthodontic technology to provide each patient with a customized treatment plan that’s perfect for their specific goals and budget. If you’re a good candidate for braces, our team can help you get started with Same-Day Braces! We save our patients money and time! No matter your age, we can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted with treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible.
3. Your New Smile
Our friendly Treatment Coordinators will ensure you understand your financing options and insurance benefits. We offer simple financing with payments as low as $150 a month for braces or Invisalign® with no credit check. If you have dental or orthodontic insurance, we’ll happily assist you in applying your benefits, and the price becomes even better! We accept Aetna, Cigna, Delta Dental®, Guardian, and many more insurance plans to make braces in Las Vegas affordable.
Our Patients Love Us
What are you waiting for?
Feel Confident in Your New Smile!
Ready to start your smile transformation? Look no further than Las Vegas Braces, where we specialize in creating beautiful smiles that will leave you feeling confident and happy. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing exceptional orthodontic care tailored to your unique needs. Visit us today, and let us help you achieve the smile of your dreams!